- Nominations for the 2023 Outstanding Alumni Awards are open. Any nominations submitted will be considered for future Outstanding Alumni Awards.
- This annual awards program honors alumni who have made exceptional contributions to society, their profession, and their alma mater and are honored with awards in six categories.
- Please note that nominations are the full responsibility of the nominators. Only complete applications will be accepted. Required fields must be completed to proceed through the nomination process.
- Please provide the names and numbers of two references who would also nominate this person for this award.
- If you have technical difficulties, please contact Director of Alumni Relations Abby Moerkerke.
Outstanding Alumni Award Categories
Distinguished Alumni: Honors alumni who have distinguished themselves through personal, professional, and civic contributions while bringing a sense of honor, pride, and recognition to the university community.
Alumni Merit Medallion: Honors alumni who are dedicated to advancing education, exemplified by their commitment to professional expertise, philanthropic spirit, or volunteer service to MSU Billings.
Ronald P. Sexton Award for Professional Commitment: Honors alumni dedicate their professional lives as MSU Billings employees for more than 10 years and significantly contribute to their advancement. Recipients of this award will have emulated Chancellor Sexton’s passionate commitment to access, excellence, and student success.
Rising Star Award: Honors alumni have demonstrated increased career responsibility, community involvement, or campus contribution.
Friend of MSU Billings: Honors non-alumni who have clearly demonstrated commitment to MSU Billings through distinguished service or leadership while influencing the growth and improvement of MSUB and inspiring others to support the university.