Nine new members elected to serve three-year terms
MSU BILLINGS FOUNDATION & ALUMNI NEWS—Montana State University Billings Foundation & Alumni Board of Trustees recently welcomed nine new members who began their term on July 1, 2022, and will serve three-year terms.
The Board of Trustees oversees the MSU Billings Foundation & Alumni Association, including managing the investment of a $34 million endowment that supports the long-term strength and stability of MSUB and its students. Trustees advocate for MSUB and advance its mission of delivering a transformative education that empowers students from diverse backgrounds to succeed by seeking and securing private support. The MSUB Foundation and Alumni annually award over $1.8 million in scholarships to MSUB students.
- Alan Bryan, Attorney, Crowley Fleck PLLP
- Anne Cole (Ex Officio), Instructor of General Education/Writing/Psychology, MSUB City College
- Brittany Cremer, AVP, PR and Communications Manager, First Interstate Bank, Class of 2006
- William Henry, Business Consultant, Be Better World, LLC
- Krikor Jansezian, Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer, St. Vincent Healthcare
- Jani McCall, Consultant/Owner, Consulting With Communities, Inc., Class of 1975
- David E. Wanzenried, Consultant/Adjunct Faculty Member/Former State Legislator
- Dave Warne, Retired, SD2 Educator & District Manager of Brenntag Pacific, Class of 1972
- Buddy Windy Boy, Product Improvement Engineer, MRL Equipment Company, Inc., Class of 2006
Returning Trustees (including appointed officers)
- Don Roberts, Chair, Retired Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon/Former State Legislator
- Joann Sheridan, Vice-Chair, Retired, CPA/MSUB Professor of Accounting, Emeritus, Class of 1976
- Tom Potter, Treasurer, VP of Middle Marketing Banking, Wells Fargo
- Kay Berry, Secretary, Retired SD2 Educator, Class of 1983
- Karen Moses, Retired SD2 Support and former SD2 School Board member
- Merry Lee Olson, CEO, YWCA Billings, Class of 1970
- AJ Otjen. Ph.D. (Ex Officio), Professor of Marketing, MSUB
- Stefani Hicswa, Ph.D. (Ex Officio), Chancellor, MSUB.
- Krista Montague (Ex Officio), President & CEO, MSUB Foundation & Alumni, Class of 1999 and 2018
Board Chair Don Roberts shared that the board is very closely aligned to provide opportunities to students and hopes to continue to increase their support in the future.
“I want to welcome and thank our new and returning board members for stepping up to help us achieve our goals. We look forward to a great year,” he said.
President & CEO Krista Montague said she is excited to welcome the new board of trustees and looks forward to working with them and the returning members this upcoming year.
“I have learned a tremendous amount in my seven months as President & CEO and am grateful for the opportunity this board has provided,” Montague commented. “MSUB has tremendous potential, and with Chancellor Hicswa and her team, our goal is to impact as many students as possible through the support of many generous donors.”
MSUB Chancellor Stefani Hicswa agreed.
“I’m pleased to have such knowledgeable and strong community partners join the board,” said Hicswa. “These individuals will help the Foundation further MSUB’s mission and increase student success.”