Whether you’re in Billings or in a faraway city – there’s no reason not to get involved with your Alumni Association. You can network, stay informed, build your resume and skills, and form a camaraderie with others who have a connection to your alma mater. All you need is a little time and a lot of enthusiasm! Check out your options:
Committee members work on a variety of projects managed by the Alumni Association. Those involved can expect to serve about two to four hours each month.
- Leader: Hannah Olson ’16, Billings
- Responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of special events.
- Picture yourself… organizing and managing the 2020 MSU Billings alumni car show!
- Leader: Bobby Anner-Hughes ’80, Billings
- Responsible for exploring and implementing endeavors that generate funds to support the Alumni Association’s programs and initiatives.
- Picture yourself… increasing the amount of Alumni Association license plates by placing fun promotional cards on windshields – or by coming up with a new and innovative way to market the program!
Outstanding Alumni Awards Committee
- Leader: Mandi Graham ’12, Billings
- Responsible for assisting Alumni Relations staff in developing and implementing an annual Outstanding Alumni Awards program.
- Picture yourself… doing everything from helping to select the 2020 award recipients – to driving a golf cart and decorating for the event!
Outreach and Recruitment Committee
- Leader: Ashleigh Heimbach ’12, Helena
- Responsible for connecting with alumni to encourage them to engage in the Alumni Association and planning outreach programs, including alumni team development.
- Picture yourself… helping alumni teams form throughout the United States! (Fun fact: So far, every committee member participates remotely! No one currently resides in the Billings area.)
Golden Graduates Committee
- Leader: TBD
- Responsible for recruiting Golden Graduates and managing the event.
- Picture yourself… taking Golden Graduates on a tour throughout campus – or escorting Golden Graduates into the arena at Commencement in 2020!
Task Forces emerge as needs arise and serve for a specifically defined period of time. Task force members can expect to serve two to four hours per month within the time period of their task.
Scholarships Task Force
- Leader: Amy Bieber ‘17, Sidney
- Responsible for selecting students to receive scholarships from the Alumni Association. Service takes place between February and April.
- Picture yourself… logging into a portal to review and score scholarship applicants.
Alumni Teams emerge when alumni in geographically distinct regions wish to connect through friendship, networking, and service. Don’t see a team in your area? No problem! Think about starting one of your own.
Helena Alumni Team
- Point of Contact: Ashleigh Heimbach ‘12, Helena
- They formed in August – and they’re looking to add to their pack. They hosted a Halloween party in October and often get together to attend Helena-area activities.
- Picture yourself… helping recruit students from Helena schools and planning events with your teammates!
New York Metro Area Alumni Team
- Point of Contact: Kevin Majewski, Ph.D ’07, New Jersey
- They formed in November – and they’re surveying area alumni to determine what their first event should be! Keep an eye out: Big plans are underway for an event in Spring 2020!
- Picture yourself… creating the very first activities for alumni in the New York Metro Area!